Frequently Asked Questions
- When will I get paid?
- Books are usually processed within 2 business days once we receive them. It may take some additional time during the busy season at the end of each semester. Checks are sent via USPS First-Class mail. First-Class mail is usually delivered within 4-7 days. If you have not received your check after 21 days, we will issue a stop payment on the check and send you another. PayPal payments are sent on the same day your books are processed. However, you should make sure you have attached your bank account to your PayPal account. If not, you will have to go through this process in order to withdraw the money from your PayPal account.
- Do you offer FREE shipping?
Yes. All buyback orders qualify for free USPS shipping. For faster delivery and tracking, we also offer free or subsidized FedEx shipping. If you send 2 or more books worth a total of $100 or more, FedEx shipping is free. Otherwise, you can still use FedEx and we will deduct $5 from the payment amount.
Please note that there is a $15 minimum to complete a buyback order. If you use our free shipping label and do not actually send a total of $15 worth of books, we will deduct the shipping costs from the payment amount. Any surcharges for shipments over 70 pounds will be deducted from the payment amount.
- Can I sell you more than 5 copies of a book?
- Send us and email with the ISBN and the quantity. Please do not be deceitful by creating multiple orders or by placing orders under different names. Just ask first - we will usually buy them. If you send us more than 5 copies without permission, payment may be reduced.
- Does the condition of my books matter?
Yes. Your books must be in "good" condition or better. This means all pages
are intact, and the cover is intact. The spine may show signs of wear. Pages can include
some notes and highlighting. If your book originally came with a CD, study guide, or
other supplement, it must be included. CDs must be in working condition. A book is not
considered to be in good condition if any of the following apply:
- Water damage
- Missing or torn pages/cover
- Stains or mildew
- Damaged spine/binding
- Excessive writing/highlighting
- What is an ISBN?
- The ISBN is the 10 or 13 digit number located on the back cover of any book near the bar code. It is also listed inside the book on the copyright page. The ISBN is unique to every book, so it is the best way to identify the exact edition of a book.
- Do you buy Instructor's Editions?
- Yes. Please enter the instructor's edition ISBN to view our price. If the ISBN is not in our catalog, we will pay 80% of the quoted price for the student edition ISBN. Instructor's editions typically contain the same content as the student edition. The only difference will be markings displayed on the cover, such as "Instructor's Edition", "Complimentary Copy", "Free Copy", or "Not for Sale". Please note: The book will be considered "Annotated" if it contains answers and/or instructor's notes, even if "Instructor's Edition" is printed on the cover.
- Do you buy Annotated Instructor's Editions?
- Yes. However, we only pay 20% of the quoted price for the student edition ISBN. Annotated Instructor's Editions are similar to the student edition except they contain answers and/or instructor's notes. They usually have "Annotated Instructor's Edition" printed on the cover. We do not accept annotated writing or reading books. We do accept annotated math books.
- Do you buy International Editions?
- Yes. However, we only pay 10% of the quoted price for the U.S. edition ISBN. International editions usually have the same content as the U.S. edition. These books are often bound with a soft cover. They usually have "International Edition" printed on the cover or "IE" printed on the spine. This information will also appear on the title page of the book.
- Do you buy Custom Editions?
- Not usually, but if a particular custom edition becomes popular, we may have price for it. Make sure you enter the custom edition ISBN and not the regular student edition ISBN. Verify the ISBN on the back cover and on the copyright page. These are school-specific textbooks created for a particular course and university. If your book has a school name printed on the cover, it is likely a custom edition.
- What if I did not receive my check?
- If you have not received your check after 21 days, we will issue a stop payment on the check and send you another. We pay the stop payment fee. If the check has already been cashed, we cannot send another.
- Do you buy loose-leaf textbooks?
- Yes. However, we only pay 20% of the quoted price for the hardcover or paperback ISBN. Loose-leaf textbooks are not bound. The pages are usually meant for a three ring binder. Loose-leaf textbooks are sometimes referred to as "a la carte" editions.
- Why are some books not eligible for sale?
- There are certain types of books that we do not buy back. These include workbooks, lab manuals, access codes and certain custom books that are consumable.
Last updated on October 9, 2014